Mizanur Rahaman Mizan / August 26, 2015
Summer skin care for baby
Summer skin care for baby:
Sunshine, heat, humidity, and chlorine can do a number on summer skin. For one thing, the sun’s rays are particularly strong, so the chances of developing wrinkles, age spots or even worse, skin cancer — increase. The sun’s rays are risky for all of us specially for the student. Early exposure to too much sun and childhood sunburns can lead to skin cancer.
So we need to keep our babies safe from sunburn specially in summer season.
Keeping your kids safe in the sun is simple.
- First, Ultraviolet sunlight damages the skin, and can lead to wrinkles and cancers later on. Always put sunscreen on your child before going outside, starting at 6 months of age.
- Apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outside, and reapply every 2 hours, sooner if the child has been swimming. Water-resistant sunscreen wears off — check the label to see how soon you’ll need to reapply.
- Choose a sunscreen that contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, because the compounds are less irritating than others and do not get into the skin. “These ingredients are probably the safest ones out there right now.
- Dress your kids in protective clothing. It is the best weapon against too much sun. “Babies younger than 1 year, before they are mobile, need to get as much sun protection as possible from their clothing -long cotton pants, long sleeves etc.
- Sun guard is a chemical dye that can be applied to clothes (like summer whites) in the washing machine.
- Cool your prickly tot with a lukewarm bath. Use a mild soap and nix any powder or lotion after, which can further block pores.