Louisiana is a state enriched with historical events and Southern charm, and the city of West Monroe offers a wide range of fun attractions and activities for visitors of all ages to enjoy. The Comfort Suites is centrally located in the heart of Northeast Louisiana, just a few minutes away from some of the best attractions in North Louisiana. One person can enjoy a variety of exciting indoor and outdoor activities, family attractions, shopping, fishing, hunting, live entertainment, delicious regional cuisine and other attractions just a short drive from our quiet and comfortable, all-suites hotel.
In this article we are going to present 5 Places to visit though West Monroe will offer more than that for no doubt.
- Chennault Aviation Military Museum.The Chennault Aviation Military Museum was created in 1986 to preserve military history and honor the service of our military men and women. The museum features a wide range of artifacts, memorabilia vintage aircraft and military vehicles, and gift shop. Free admission. www. chennaultmuseum.org/web/.
- Downtown Cultural Arts District.Located downtown Monroe along and near the beautiful Ouachita River. This area offers a host of great restaurants and art galleries. The Downtown Arts Council hosts an Art Crawl on the First Thursday of every other month beginning in February each year. www.alldowntownmonroe.com/artwalk.com
- Poverty Point State Historic Site.This interesting park is home to ancient earthworks that were created between 1650 and 700 B.C. by indigenous peoples, who carried dirt in baskets to create a 400-acre monument that is still here to inspire visitors thousands of years later. The park also features a museum, guided tours and a variety of special events. www.nps.gov/popo.
- Biedenharn Gardens and Museum.This botanical garden was built in 1913 as a private home for Joseph Augustus Biedenharn, the first bottler of Coca-Cola. The park features fabulous gardens, a historic home, a Bible and Coca Cola Bottling museum, and views of the Ouachita River. www.bmuseum.org.
- Pecanland Mall.Located on the site of a former pecan grove, Pecanland Mall is home to almost 100 shops, a 10-screen movie theater, and several different restaurants. Pecan Land Commons, located adjacent to the mall is also home to several large retailers, including Dillards, Sears, Target, Burlington Coat Factory, Bed-Bath-Beyond, Belk, and JC Penney. www.pecanlandmall.com
So, put your backpack in your shoulder and come to visit West Monroe and experience the Southern hospitality.